Course Code: L-36
Politics and Institutions
This Bachelor’s Degree course provides fundamental historical, political, anthropological, juridical, geo-strategic knowledge to orient, interpret, act; transmits the principles and rules of the international community, the ethics of the useful intervention; introduces the fundamental methods and contents of the main professional skills required. This major is particularly aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the field of diplomacy and international relations, cooperation and operations in crisis areas. The changes in geopolitics are studied, especially since the end of the “cold war” to date, with particular attention to the crisis of the states, asymmetric risks and new frontiers of security. The student also deepens the themes of peace-building and post-conflict reconstruction. Also, the genesis, the factors and the variables of the “global trends” of the next decade are focused. Finally, the student works on research and data analysis for the construction of strategic scenarios.
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- understand the processes of formation and implementation of national and international public policies through economic, juridical, historical, political, sociological and anthropological interpretations;
- identify the best institutional and organizational areas and the most significant methods of professional intervention in the international field.
Graduates in Political Science and International Relations, thanks to their intensive work on linguistic knowledge, reach a preparation that can be spent both in Italy and abroad. The employment sectors in which graduates can better fit are:
- European and international institutions (European Union, United Nations and its sector organizations, etc.);
- Public central and peripheral administrations (elective assemblies, ministries, local authorities, authorities) involved in cooperation projects, internationalization;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (diplomatic and administrative career and experts);
- National Agency for International Cooperation (Experts and administrative staff);
- Non-profit organizations and national and international NGOs operating abroad;
- International organizations (IOM, Emergency, IDLO, ILO, etc.);
- Trade Unions, Foundations and Associations of Politics;
- Companies and cooperatives (financial, commercial, manufacturing and services) with internationalization activities or abroad;
- Economic organizations of the third sector (foundations, social cooperatives, non-profit organizations);
- Offices and study centers of territorial organizations, research institutions and international organizations;
- Universities and Research Centers;
- Start-ups aimed at assistance, services, international cooperation.
Travelling with migrants
This workshop aims to read the phenomenon of migration from different points of view and through different languages: from the terrible journey (told, filmed, photographed), to the socio-anthropological knowledge of the urban realities of destination; up to go towards the experimentation of “doing” and the acquisition of tools to prepare an intervention project to be funded.
Migration and urban ethnicity: ethnographic workshop / The State in Africa
A democratic path: sovereignism, federalism and the Rojava experience
Political Sciences and International Relations
Apply for a scholarship today!
Ask for more information